Tuesday, June 26, 2007

500


This year has been a year of breakthoughs and breakouts for a lot of people. Recently, I have compiled what will be trimmed down to a smaller list, but currently is my All-Time 500 Favorite Song list. I'll post it in its entirety soon. This process, for me, has been similar to being a judge for American Idol or Star Search (anyone remember that show?) in that is started with nearly 7000 choices and was narrowed down to 1000 and then down to 500. That's a hard process. Again, this will eventually become my 100 favorite song list, and then eventually turn into the top 50, top 25 and top 10 respectively. It's a long process, but I think we all want to know what our favorite things are and have a more concrete idea of what that looks like. At least I do. And also, things always change. It's good to look at my favorite songs now and compare that to what they were 10 years ago, as well as seeing which of those favorites are still in the list.

No comments: